August 26, 2013

Manic Monday

Things that are annoying me today:

It’s Monday. Again.

*Someone* cleaned out my car and removed all of the pens, hair clips, Scrunchies, my nametag, a coupon for a free smoothie, and a receipt I was saving to return something. They left a card table and folding chairs in the trunk that rattle like a freight train. But I can’t complain about it because they were doing something nice for me by cleaning out my car.

I broke two fingernails down into the quick.

People who out-tragedy every single thing you say. No matter how bad yours is, theirs is always worse.

I have a really annoying song stuck in my head.

Miley “Ratchet” Cyrus is the headline on every single media outlet today.

Took off my wedding band yesterday to clean it and forgot to retrieve it from the container of jewelry cleaner this morning. Feeling strangely naked without it.

People who type in all caps EVEN WHEN THEY’RE NOT SHOUTING.

People who think they know more than you do no matter the subject.


Things that I’m thankful for today:

My kiddos. Always.

Dan slept in.

Copious amounts of espresso.

I woke up on the right side of the grass.

USB plugs in my car.

Spotify.

My MIL is getting the kids from school today.

One of my co-workers is buying us lunch from Callahan BBQ. I have some pretty darn awesome co-workers.

One of them snuck up and scared me which made me laugh. He didn’t catch me singing to myself.

My friends who appreciate my bizarre sense of humor.

The day is almost over.


2 comments:

  1. I DIDN'T MEAN TO MISPLACE YOUR THINGS BUT IF YOU THINK YOUR DAY WAS CRAZY YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN MINE! BY THE WAY, DID YOU HEAR ABOUT MILEY CYRUS? IT'S A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL. AND BY THE WAY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING OUTSIDE THE HOUSE WITHOUT YOUR WEDDING RING!! AND BY THE WAY I ALWAYS DO BETTER THAN YOU AT TRIVIA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL! You make me smile, baby! :)

    ReplyDelete